Quote Originally Posted by Bulhedd View Post
Hello, I'm new to posting here so I'll try not to sound foolish. I really like the guide, but I wonder if you took into account the fact that the Blink spell isn't a concentration spell. The 50% percent part does suck, but when you factor in that it can be used offensively as well as defensively for 1 casting that lasts 10 rounds without concentration, it seems like an even more useful spell than Mirror Image, and of course Mirror Image is another useful non concentration spell. And as a sorc, you can always create a 3rd level casting again with points.
purple is situational. it can be good in the right situation, but otherwise is usually not that great. a 50% miss chance is certainly nice, but level 3 spells can be used for things like fireball, hypnotic pattern, counterspell, etc, and every slot you create with sorcerer points is less of you doing the one thing you have that makes sorcerer worth anything at all. creating spell slots is an act of desperation (or something you do at level 2 before you get metamagic as an option), not something you should plan on using regularly.

also not sure how you plan to use it offensively.

it isn't a bad spell or anything. it's just situational. if you're fighting a ton of powerful AoE nukes and few enemies that use attack rolls, i could see it being worth a pick, but it's got a lot of competition for those level 3 spell slots, and there's a lot of stuff that is just really good in a lot more situations.