Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
I found a continuity error. Hinjo is 16 here. The year is 1171, twenty two years after Redcloak assumed his title. Which means Hinjo was born in 1155, making him the same age as Miko and Roy. Was this intended?
I don't think that's a continuity error, so much as "continuity". While I'd never given any thought to Hinjo's age, if asked I would have placed him at about the same age as the human OotS members, who are all (iirc) mid to late 20s. By the time of the main comic he is clearly not a complete novice but nor does he give the impression of being a grizzled veteran, so that would seem about right.

Something that this story did make me wonder is who became commander of the Sapphire Guard after Gin-Jun - or more specifically, who the commander was at the time of the comic. They answer to Shojo, but he is presenting himself as mentally incapable so one presumes there would be a Guard commander too, if only for administrative reasons. Yet Hinjo assumes command after Shojo is killed - and Hinjo himself seemed to be outranked by Miko before that, as she was giving him orders in his first appearance. There's no indication of other command structure, save that O-Chul himself seems to be of officer-equivalent rank by the time of the attack on Azure City. I suppose the title of commander might have been abolished or left vacant at some point in an attempt to limit the independence of the Guard, and Shojo's apparent incapacity was a useful bonus in restraining them. Maybe Sato took over in the short term but was not replaced when she retired/died as by that point Shojo wasn't "fit" to appoint a replacement (assuming there's nothing else in the comic which would contradict that).