Quote Originally Posted by SidTheSicko View Post
No problem, I'm happy to help. I should be thanking you for helping my son. He gives you a quick wave and circles around to the back of the house where he was before, and resumes his work picking weeds from the meager fields there. You turn off and make your way across the river and up the hill to the mayor's mansion.

This clapboard, saltbox-style house is the largest home in town. Built on a barren hill, the building has a two-story facade that slopes down to a single-story rear with the large, protruding chimney of a centrally placed hearth. The house seems inviting, and much better maintained than Ravenmoor’s other buildings. Out front is a large brutish man tending to the yard. As he sees your approach, he abandons his work and makes his way towards you, sickle in hand.

Clutching his sickle, the man takes an aggressive step towards you. An who're you, I never seen your faces round here before. Strangers like you best be movin on from these parts, lest they end up in some trouble, or cause some themselves. Clearly he isn't very smart.
"We're planning to be out of here soon, don't worry. We just have some kinda boring complicated stuff we need to talk to the mayor about. I'd explain it properly, but I don't really get all the details myself."