Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
I'm passing on it, personally. After having tried both MK9 and the first Injustice, I don't think I want to try another NetherRealm game until I hear that they make some significant change to the gameplay. Their games just feel clunky to me compared to other fighters. Also, I really came to hate stage interactables in Injustice (transitions were fine, but interactables were awful), and not only are they still around, they've added that whole gear system, which seems like a patently awful idea for this particular genre to me. Balance in these games is hard enough to achieve without being able to be just statistically stronger than your opponents - and I don't think I even trust NetherRealm to have an online mode where gear stat adjustments are turned off by default, since they didn't have a mode with interactables turned off by default in the first game. Pity, since they've added some characters I would be pretty interested in if someone else were making the game (Atrocitus, Firestorm, Doctor Fate, Blue Beetle), but that's where I'm at.

I also find myself in the weird position of passing on an ArcSys fighting game - Guilty Gear Rev 2. I picked up the first Revelator, but I actually wound up barely playing it, because I couldn't find a character I really liked, and this time around I don't think I'm willing to spend the money just to find out if the new additions gel with me better. I guess I'm waiting on a full new Guilty Gear with a lot more new/returning characters that I haven't gotten to try before at this point. Weird, considering I've never had that problem in any other fighting game, including ArcSys' other two series, BlazBlue and Persona Arena, which I love.

So for me, this year's big fighting game is unquestionably Marvel Infinite. The gameplay for that already looks pretty darn solid, so I just hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot by rushing it with too little content for the casual fans again. Unfortunately the release date being surprisingly close and less than a year from when the game was first announced doesn't inspire confidence on that front, but yeah, we'll see. Even if they do, well, here's hoping for some good netcode for once. I'd probably still play Marvel 3 from time to time (and have bought it for PS4 when they did that) if the netcode weren't such trash.

Here's hoping for some good character reveals on that one come E3. I'm particularly eager to find out the fate of the Devil May Cry characters. Hopefully we've still got original Dante at least - ideally I'd also like Vergil and Trish, possibly even Lady as a newcomer, but the only one of those I have any real hope for is Vergil. And even there, I have to worry that they'll replace them with the reboot versions...
- I'm waiting for the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC packs added, like I did for the first game. I'm not really much of an online player because of my country's horrid broadband, and most fighting games I play are usually among my friends or in local tournaments(where I get to be used as a mop, but it's still fun).

- I don't know how to feel about GG. On one hand, Blazblue was what got me into anime fighters in the first place, but I don't know why I don't feel like even trying GG, even though I like the characters and obviously the music. I'd like to be able to play P4U2 but region lock f'd me in the ass.

- I'm also suspicious of Marvel Infinity's release date, but who knows? Maybe going back to the original MvC's 2v2 formula is good. I like that this time we might have an actual plot with the characters interacting, instead of the 12 page intro comic that's basically "Doom knows how we can power our machine!"
- Gilligan Cut to Galactus -
"Who's been racking up Galactus' electricity bill?!"

- I would like to see Dante make a return, as well as Vergil. Maybe even Nero. I doubt they'll use the reboot ones, considering CAPCOM has been denying that game hard and pinning the blame almost entirely on Ninja Theory. I'd also like some actual info about either Resident Evil 2's HD Remake and/or an actual DMC5(or DMCV, if they wanna go the Kojima route).