Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
Mimics are ambush predators, so their 10 ft. speed is not as big a problem as one might think. The whole idea is that their prey comes into reach, thinking it's something else.

That said, as a PC, the 10 ft. speed is problematic. We're not generally basing LA adjustments in this thread on what CAN be done with help, or I'd say that the addition of a spellcaster using fly or something would overwrite that weakness.

At 7 HD, are they as good as a 7th level fighter? Low bar, I know, but if so, +0 is probably fair. If they're better, we should check to see if they're better than, say, a 7th level Barbarian or Rogue. The mimic clearly isn't a caster, so comparing them to high-tier classes isn't going to get us anywhere.

With reasonable mental stats (none seem to be detriments), a Mimic could be a good infiltrator-type scout, and spy. Pick up Disguise, Diplomacy, Search, and Sense Motive, and he'd be very good at such a job.
Infiltrator is an entirely possible role for a mimic to fulfill, but I'd like to point out it's quite a narrow niche. Besides, something like a Hairy Spider (+0 LA, 0 RHD) or Shadow creature (+2 LA) will probably be better still.