Quote Originally Posted by TheNecrocomicon View Post
This. So much this. I was going to write a longer response about "small delays" but you encapsulate the issue much better than I could.

This sort of a lengthy delay to the main comic would be perfectly fine with me, if it was something like a planned end-of-book or end-of-chapter hiatus, or at least something that was duly announced and/or explained in a reasonably forthcoming manner. Instead, it took three weeks to see even the merest tweet as to what was going on, with not a single official forum post of any kind until two days ago when the O'Chul storygraphic novel was released.

As much as the newest Kickstarter work is a wonderful accomplishment, any of us who didn't or couldn't luck out to become KS backers have simply been left hanging in the wind. At the same time, it is the general online viewers who are the ones who potentially move up to become Kickstarter backers, online PDF buyers, and so forth if they enjoy the experience of following the story. Continuing to treat online viewers as an afterthought or a non-entity can only lead to shooting your business in the foot in the long run.
From my personal experience I can say that I can perfectly understand the silent treatment, and empathize with the behavior . It's an odd thing, when you fail to deliver on a task or responsibility that isn't urgent and doesn't have a fixed cutoff date, but that you WILLINGLY took upon yourself, and you tend to be kinda embarrassed. A loot of people in this situation tend to try to avoid the people for whom they are performing the task until they have actual progress to show. They will often slave away in complete isolation just to get as much of the task done as fast as they can.