Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post
- I'm waiting for the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC packs added, like I did for the first game.
I can understand that, but I never do that, personally. I'd always rather get the games when they come out - especially for fighting games, whose online is always most active within the first month after their release (and if they're not named Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, tend to end up with pretty limited online communities after that time). And I feel no desire to have all of the DLC - I just buy characters whose play style piques my interest, which rarely seems to happen with fighting game DLC. I never buy cosmetic stuff like costumes and stages, I don't see those as worth extra money.

- I don't know how to feel about GG. On one hand, Blazblue was what got me into anime fighters in the first place, but I don't know why I don't feel like even trying GG, even though I like the characters and obviously the music. I'd like to be able to play P4U2 but region lock f'd me in the ass.
BlazBlue was actually the franchise that got me into the fighting game genre in general, and is still one of my all-time favorites. I actually prefer it to Guilty Gear even on base mechanics. But I think I like Guilty Gear in terms of gameplay as well - it's just the character issue that keeps me from getting into it. Which is kind of the reverse of what I've had in BlazBlue lately, where there's now a number of characters I enjoy and wish I could get better with, since the last two iterations added several that I liked.

- I'm also suspicious of Marvel Infinity's release date, but who knows? Maybe going back to the original MvC's 2v2 formula is good. I like that this time we might have an actual plot with the characters interacting,
Yeah, that would be a step up, to be sure. Hopefully more of a step up than Street Fighter 5's story mode though - that was serviceable, but wound up kind of bland and dull. Not to mention hamstrung by Capcom deciding that it didn't need to be in the game at launch and could just be released four months later...

- I would like to see Dante make a return, as well as Vergil. Maybe even Nero. I doubt they'll use the reboot ones, considering CAPCOM has been denying that game hard and pinning the blame almost entirely on Ninja Theory. I'd also like some actual info about either Resident Evil 2's HD Remake and/or an actual DMC5(or DMCV, if they wanna go the Kojima route).
The worst I've seen Capcom say about the reboot was that it didn't meet their (absurdly high) sales expectations. Granted, they've given no indication that they want a sequel to it, but that doesn't tell us much.

I'd love to find out that an actual DMC5 was going to be a thing, but I don't have high hopes for it. I think it's more likely that the reboot not meeting Capcom's expectations has killed the franchise, at least for the foreseeable future.

Nero I'm kind of ambivalent on. Even in DMC4 a lot of his playstyle is basically a more limited version of Dante, and the main thing that sets him apart, the arm, is too reminiscent of Spencer, whom I figure will probably be back. I guess if they do things right they could make him fun and different from Dante, but he doesn't really interest me as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
The game's changed a lot, but yeah off-the-grounds are really important. I figured out the timing when practicing my first Filia combo by using slow-mo in Training Mode (funny that the only other game I've played with Training slow-mo is Smash Bros). Setting the dummy to tech is important to get the exact timing too.

It's not super-active but most of the time I can find a match without red ping. Skill levels may vary. I'm on PC, I think most of the players have migrated there since it included the Endless Beta which, well, ended about a month ago for hopefully the last time (so Mike Z can finally get some sleep focus on Indivisible, also so the physical copy that's coming out really does carry the final update).
I was playing on the 360 at the time, and these days would have to pick it up on PS4 to get back into it. I'm a console player, so if most of the players have migrated to PC, then unless cross play is a thing that would mean the online would be effectively dead for me. Which kind of kills the game for me, since that's the main thing I do in fighting games.

I play Ramlethal in Guilty Gear. She doesn't exactly click, but she plays so differently from anyone else and she's cute. I'm terrible with her.
Ramlethal is who I played for much of the relatively small amount of time I've spent with Guilty Gear. She seemed fun, but I was frustrated by how complicated anything beyond the bare basics felt like it was, since it would involve setting out her swords, which always felt awkward to me. Plus, she seemed kind of weak, with a general lack of strong mixups - though that could just have been me not knowing what her good mixups are, I guess.

I played some Ky as well, since he's the most shoto-y of Guilty Gear's characters, but while I could play him to some small extent, I didn't really enjoy it very much. Just not a play style I want to play anymore, I guess, even though I can.

Edit: Also the Rev 2 demo is available for PS+ members until the 26th.
Ah, really? I could try that then. Hm, I guess it might be worth a short break from Persona 5 to find out for sure whether Baiken or Answer gel with me better than the previous characters, if it's free.