1. - Top - End - #295
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Kickstarter Discussion Thread - How the Paladin Got His Scar (SPOILERS!)

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    You're not the only one who's noted similarities between the ettin and Gin-Jun:
    Thanks, I guess I lost those in the sea of "it's political and against me" back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    I think an overlooked part on the ettin argument is how much trust we have in the Giant as an author. Among other things, I strongly disagree with assertions he's made about the relationship between message and narrative. I personally think that his writing gets rather preachy here and there. Because I have this opinion of his writing, I'm strongly biased toward the thought that he's soapboxing in the scene.
    If you don't think that Mr. Burlew's preachy, I imagine you're more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt in this scene.

It doesn't ruin the story for me, personally. I really enjoyed the comic. But the ettin scene is frustrating because I know the Giant can write better than that.
    I agree that the Giant can be preachy. I don't at all think the ettin was in any way preachy.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2017-05-19 at 01:14 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1