1. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fighting Games General Thread(Street Fighter, MAHVEL BAYBEH, KOF, Mortal Kombat,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Hm... a friend of mine said he was ranked highly on 360, I think he was the #1 player? Played Parasoul/Filia, not sure if he had a third.
    I guarantee I was nowhere near that good. I mean, I played Ms. Fortune/Peacock, and couldn't use Ms. Fortune's head to save my soul nor combo basically at all with Peacock. I basically played Ms. Fortune because she seemed fun and Peacock for aesthetics (love how she's a throwback to classic cartoons - always used her black & white color pallet).

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Ky and Sin are just way easier though.
    Yeah, they're among the most commonly played online I noticed. But unfortunately I don't find myself wanting to play either of them.

Having tried the demo for Rev 2 now, Baiken seems okay, but isn't really grabbing my interest a ton. And Answer I don't really like - he feels like a less interesting Chip (probably due to superficial ninja stuff being similar, but still), and Chip already wasn't high on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Been focusing on Ky, with an intent to maybe branch into Jack-O and Faust. (BTW, neat quiz I found that suggests mains to you. Apparently my suggested main is Ky, with Jack-O/Faust/Millia as runners-up...what?)
    Yeah, the issue I have with quizes like that is that I often have no good answers to a lot of their questions, because how I pick characters in fighting games doesn't really track with how other people do. It's really just a matter of which one feels best when I try them out, or something particular about them catching my attention. I've played everything from rushdown (X-23, Rise Kujikawa, Rashid, Makoto [SF4]) to zoning (Dormammu, Doctor Doom, R.O.B, Lambda-11), heavyweight brutes (King Dedede, Labrys, Ares), and middle-weight all-arounders (Platinum the Trinity, Dante, Vergil, Green Lantern, Sakura). About the only consistent playstyle thing is that I don't like grapplers - which in Guilty Gear mostly just crosses Potempkin off the list.

Oh, and I can't play charge characters, I just suck at actually employing those moves in an actual fight. Which has at times caused me to not play characters that would otherwise interest me, like Mitsuru in Persona Arena, Urien in SF5 - and actually, May in Guilty Gear.

For what it's worth, my best-faith effort at taking that quiz returned the following results:
    Top character: I-No
    Others you tied for: Slayer, Jam
    Close second: Millia

Which, well, I-No and Millia were among those that interested me a little more than the rest of the cast initially, but neither really clicked enough for me to stay with them. Slayer and Jam didn't even do that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post
    Well, considering it's been said that the X-Men Characters might not return because of licensing squabbles between Disney and FOX, it's likely some CAPCOM characters might not make a return from Marvel 3. If they remove Spencer in favor of Nero, I'm not against it. I've seen plenty of DMC4 Combo Videos and participated in some Vstyle Torunaments to know that while Nero's movest might not be the biggest, some people can still pull off impressive, flashy stuff on par with anything Dante players can make. I would like to see Dante in his DMC4 version, which would streamline some of his combo abilities, but still keep him a complex character.
    Oh, I'm sure Capcom will change up some of their characters, just for the heck of it. Spencer wouldn't be near the top of the list of characters I'd expect them to consider swapping out though. Sadly, I think near the top of that list will be Trish, who was one of my favorites in Marvel 3, and I worry that even Vergil may get the axe if they're really looking at DMC as a dead franchise at this point.

As for Dante, I'd be fine with getting his DMC4 look, but I want his moveset back as-is. Part of the fun of it is how ridiculously many moves he has - literally more than any other fighting game character in history. Besides, I like DMC3's weapons best out of the series anyway. Though if they wanted to add some DMC4 stuff to what he already has, I wouldn't complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post
    As for DMC5, I just want some answers about certain plots, like whatever became of Sparda after he left Eva and the twins, what happened to Vergil after Mundus' defeat, or maybe a game with new protagonists to advance the plot forward. Dante's son getting his regards from Mundus(as Dante requested when he sent Mundus back to hell) would be nice.
    I can't say I really play DMC for the plot - but I do have an idea of what I'd like from DMC5 in terms of setup. Just pick up literally right where DMC2 left off. Yes, that game sucked, but it ended with Dante stranded in hell and riding off into it on a motorcycle, which is absolutely ridiculous and, in my opinion, totally the perfect setup for a Devil May Cry game. Heck, it would even allow them to easily re-introduce Vergil even though he died in DMC1 - because of course someone like him would be in hell after dying.

I don't want Capcom trying to replace Dante as the main character though, so if they made it Dante's son, that I wouldn't like at all. I would like if they followed up making Trish and Lady playable in the PS4 version of DMC4 with giving them playable parts in a DMC5 though. Especially Trish, she was a blast to play in DMC4.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-05-19 at 08:51 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis