1. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Would you guys be interested in a video series going over the races in 3.5e?

Quote Originally Posted by dryver View Post
    Thanks for your response. I could make a series where each video focuses on everything about one specific underused race or monster, like Myconids one video, or Grippli in another, going over the history, descriptions, societies, et cetera, and then moving into the mechanics of the race and some talk about how to potentially optimize it if that sounds interesting to you.
    That does sound more interesting, and seems like it would offer more opportunities to inject your personality via video. I remember in the "what is 3e missing" thread that a lot of folks wanted more books about eg Fey and Yugoloths, in the style of Lords of Madness or Draconimicon. Luckily, many D&D creatures are based on real-world mythology and thus aren't too tricky to research. In case you don't already have it, here's Unseenmage's comprehensive list of races.

Focusing primarily on the fluff will expand your audience, too. 3.5 has the smallest audience of the top-played D&D editions, behind 5e and PF.

It sounds like you already have some races in mind, which is great. I'll mention a few that I personally would like to see a series on, but I couldn't speak to how popular they might be among others: Tortle (Drag315 72), Pterran (Dark Sun 3 20), Khepri (Drag352 44), Remade (Drag352 46), and Varoot Nerra (FF 130). There was another dragmag race I really liked, which had a build-in reincarnation method via a gem in its chest, but I can't recall what it was called nor which mag it was in.

Edit: Do you have a link to your channel?
    Last edited by GilesTheCleric; 2017-05-23 at 01:08 PM.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" – Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"
    I do still exist. I'm active on discord. Priestess of Neptune#8648