1. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey have closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    Sure I bet your dog is a great source of empirical information. :p
    Well no, it's anecdotal but I didn't think we were holding ourselves in academic rigor here. Least of all because you've not given empirical data either.

I bet he choose his owner, the lifestyle he has and the place he lives.
    He chose as much as I chose who my parents were. His lifestyle is FAR FAR better than it would be were he in the wild. Even with playing fetch and all the other things. He has a nice warm apartment to live in. He's not hunted by other wild animals. When he's sick he gets taken to the vet instead of suffering and probably dying. He gets to eat far far better than he would in the wild. On a consistent basis no less. Not only does he not have to worry about being hunted, he doesn't have to worry about hunting. Of course that's not EVERY dog but you acting like a domesticated animal is somehow worse off than their undomesticated peers just because they have to jump through some hoops is rather absurd.

The reason I don't agree with you isn't because I'm just stubborn and obstinate. I don't agree with you because you're making terrible points and using terrible arguments to back them up. For the record.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, my dog is neutered. It was done when he was a puppy? He has no memory of the event, no mental scarring, no nothing. You know what's the best part about my dog being neutered? Why I chose a dog who was over one who wasn't? The best part is he's not making puppies that don't need to be in this world. Because dogs are, sadly, not smart enough to not bone every available female they can. We have a massive problem with stray dogs and cats in the country I live in. I imagine you do too.

I'd rather clip my dog than have thirty puppies who may or may not be able to find a home. And the ones who don't be put into shelters where they may or may not find a home. And if they can't do either of those things, they get killed. You're starting to sound less and less like someone who actually cares about animals and more and more like someone who just thinks humans are out to abuse them. Which you're fundamentally doing if you're serious about spaying and neutering your pets.

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I'm sure that @Razade's dog had as much choice about that as I got to choose being born working-class in Oakland, California, or the starving millions around the world had a choice of their station in life.

Oh wait...

News flash!

Most humans have little power either.

But I'll bite, are you suggesting that the dog would be better off "wild and free", i.e. unsheltered and starving?
    Yeah, pretty much everything he's saying.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-05-23 at 10:11 PM.