Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
A more mechanics based perspective is possibly viable, but, yeah, tiering would be utterly meaningless. Instead, you'd probably want to focus on where each race fits in, and how to maximize its value. Not entirely sure I see the point though. Races add power to classes, not the other way around, so you'd usually want to tier every race in the context of a class before you'd want to tier every class in the context of a race. You'd want to do either before tiering every race independent of class though. How would one even assign a tier to, say, gray elves? It's a race that's thoroughly mediocre, often actively bad, for most classes, pretty good for classes with intelligence dependency, actively great for wizards, and secretly actually excellent for everyone if you use dark chaos shuffle. That's such a complicated thing to give only one number to. And at least elf has a weird high end smoothness. Something like shifter is going to be pretty awful for most classes, and great for a few.
Thanks for the feedback! I actually decided against this video series and I have started a new one describing the lore and fluff as well as mechanics of much less common races. I've made one video so far going over the Nerra.