View Single Post

Thread: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

1. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

annoyed Re: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiel View Post
    Also, what's "PPE"? Personal Protection Equipment, or something similar?
    Almost. Technically, it's "Personal Protective Equipment". Sometimes also called IPE (Individual Protective Equipment). I graduated in mechanical engineering and have a master's degree in OSH engineering. But there's just no preparing for goddamn human stubbornness! If they spend their whole adult lives thinking there's no point in using their safety gloves, that it's too hot to use them, and that they "won't make dumb mistakes"... You can warn them every time, order them to do it, punish them for ignoring safety rules... And yet, at some point, some of them will still decide to do it the wrong way just out of pride...

It takes a goddamn easily preventable accident for people to finally understand that it doesn't matter how good you are at your job! You're always one mistake away from serious injury! There are no second chances!

Now I gotta spend most of my Saturday on an ICPA extraordinary meeting , but that's seriously not what frustrates me... It's knowing that a innocent, honest, working man is seriously wounded for no reason other than hubris and negligence. Maybe it was his fault... Maybe it was his supervisor's... But it doesn't matter who dropped the ball, it doesn't make the man's arm heal any better.

Ugh... Sorry for the depressing post... I needed to vent a little.

EDIT: PS: Electrical shocks can do a lot worse than give you a few burns. Don't mess with electricity unless you really know what the **** you're doing!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-05-27 at 10:35 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff: