Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
Hm.... main character is a fantastic planner, but his character class can't solo to save his life.
Fanservice - Eh, a bit. No boob-groping.
Lack of tension - no.
And it's the only MMO story I've ever seen where the hero weaponizes economics to stop PVPers.
Actually the main character can solo anyone in the world where he ends up in, which is the only thing that matters. He can solo enemies without using his items, his class features, his special skills, heck, even his spellcasting. Plus in the finale he goes solo against an opponent that even he finds threatening, and he doesn't die.

It had boob-groping in episode 1 or 2, just after the transfer.

I agree that the concept is interesting, and the ways the protagonist handles some of the problems are also interesting. However, the story as a whole isn't told well. I still liked it enough that I eventually read all the light novels I could get my hands on, but that makes it enjoyable, not of high quality. If you like the economic angle, you might want to give Maoyuu Maou Yuusha a try. The premise is that the Demon King (Queen) explains the economical realities that cause the human-demon war, thus stopping the Hero who came to kill her. It has all the problems Gloating Swine mentioned though, so while it does talk about economics, it's not at the level of Spice and Wolf or anything.

Also, related to this -for some reason, there are gender-specific subgenres of light novels. One subgenre where the protagonists (and the target audience) is almost exclusively young girls, and the shared premise is basically "an average person ends up in a world of medieval stasis and casually creates an industrial and/or magical renaissance". Often they're trying to portray economical power and genius as more powerful than brawn. Too often it ends up being stuff like selling chocolate, crepes and parfumes, and coming up with a way to make a profit out of ending slavery / serfdom. So, again... not exactly well thought out and high-brow stuff, but it can be enjoyable. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few anime series based on the premise, too.