Sai hears a loud, firm voice say, "HOLD ON!!!" Sai and Nihisk hear a hissing sound, and hot steam begins jumping up to the ceiling. There is a clank of metal on metal as he places his project on the anvil. The muscular human turns around and wipes his brow, then wipes it on his leather apron. He walks up to the counter. Ebon Corley blinks slightly as he looks at Nihisk. "Thought you were Skrolk there for a minute, but no, you look different. Ebon Corley, Radiant Priest of Pelor...and you are?"

After introductions are finished, he answers Sai's question. "You ever been a merchant? It's like this- you've got a sword, right? And you paid a platinum to have it made, let's say. Those are your costs. If you sell it for that much, you broke even. If you sell it for more, anything above a platinum is profit! You keep a book, see, and it has all your costs and profits and rent and things in it, cause Goldenrod likes to take their share as well. But if you're using my stall, I cover you there. That's why I just ask for a share of the profits. It's not a very large space, but you get a chunk of the counter to put whatever merchandise is yours over there. Don't even have to run it yourself, if you don't have a mind to. Just means you'll have to trust my word, and my ability to sell your things, if you don't watch it yourself!"

Ebon watches Sai's reaction closely. "Does that make sense? Did I go too fast?" the human says amicably.