1. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fighting Games General Thread(Street Fighter, MAHVEL BAYBEH, KOF, Mortal Kombat,

So, for Marvel Infinite, there's been a very credible leak - coming from one of the people who leaked the game's existence and a few details about it before its initial announcement - of the game's starting roster, minus only one character. And it's... kind of bland, honestly. And a little on the small side, at only 28 characters on the starting roster, 14 per side, which is 8 short of where Marvel 3 started and around half the size of its final roster.

The Marvel side is basically the MCU, but with fairly few choices that are even interesting there. Oddly enough Gamora is in as a second Guardians character, but no Starlord. The one and only non-MCU character is Nova, returning from MvC3. And yet the MCU character I most wanted to see, Loki, is absent - the only villains are Ultron and Thanos. Yeah...

The Capcom side is a lot of returning MvC3 veterans, but with some odd choices in both who is in and who isn't. There's both Arthur and Firebrand from Ghosts & Goblins, for instance, but no Zero, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, or Vergil. Nor Felicia, whom I just sort of assumed came as a package deal with Morrigan in any Capcom vs game - instead they're including a different Darkstalkers character, Jedah. Also, very strange in my mind, no additional Street Fighter characters beyond Ryu and Chun-Li. One positive note is that the leaker doesn't know one of the characters on Capcom's side - though he says he suspects it's Frank West...

In general, it's a lot of Marvel 3 characters, with only a tiny handful of actual newcomers. I mean, the full list of newcomers is:
    Capcom:
    Mega Man X
    Jedah
    Monster Hunter

Marvel:
    Ant-Man
    Captain Marvel
    Gamora
    Rocket & Groot (Unclear how new this is though - could just be Marvel 3 Rocket Raccoon with some new moves involving Groot)
    Thanos (Debatable, since he was in pre-MvC3 titles, and they could reuse his moveset from there. I'm hoping he gets a new one though.)
    Ultron

That's... not much. And honestly, they cut most of my favorites from Marvel 3: Dormammu, Vergil, Trish, Zero, some of the Fox characters - basically the only returning character I liked much in Marvel 3 is Dante. Assuming he is returning Dante, not reboot Dante, which I really hope at this point. This is pretty disappointing even if he is, much less if he isn't. As-is, I'll I have to try all the new characters to find someone to pair with Dante for my team; if I don't even have Dante, though, I really don't know what I'll do.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-05-31 at 07:27 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis