Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
Edit: Krile and Exdeath keep fighting for my V team mage spot. Exdeath has the Runic and access to protega/shellga (or full on healing support if needed), with Power of the Void for damage, and aoe magic up med and res up small. Krile has Sheepsong for Magic up Med, Haste, and major regen, and Tomorrow's promise for En-fire fire damage BSB.

They just keep trying to fight each other for that spot.

...Sheepsong and Power of the Void don't stack their Magic up for the party, right? That'd be silly, right? Cause if they do, um, I think my mage viability just jumped, guys.
As Maryring said - yes, they do stack. Sheepsong is +MAG, while Power of the Void is +MAG/RES, so they both stack. Now, here's the deal - ¿por qué no los dos?

As you probably noticed, they're great for Mage Meta, in particular because Exdeath can go Dark Mage and use Grand Cross to absorb magic attacks directed at him, while Krile uses her Burst, therefore giving her solid damage potential while also reducing its dependency on slots. IF you can find a way to work 2 bars, you could have Exdeath do major damage while Krile powers up to her BSB (in short - Full Throttle on the future, or turn Faris/desired supporter into an Entrust battery), and then have Krile provide one half of ProShellga (your healer provides the other half, naturally). While that means less physical power overall, you probably don't need it at all when you combine that Fire and Dark damage (or weakness exploit, honestly). Krile will be better if the enemy is resistant, immune, or absorbs Dark (Power of the Void might help, but not much), while Exdeath will be better if the enemy is resistant, immune or absorbs Fire. Those are your standards.

On other topics - we've passed the 50 page mark. I'll do the current tally, and if you think the votes are enough, we can choose the next thread creator and migrate:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: I want to be your whale!:
Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: How do you prove you're a whale? Maybe we're not whales...: |
Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Floating zombie whales, huh?:
Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Indeed we are Whales! Whales are we indeed!:
Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: You Don't Need a Reason to Whale:
FFRK IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Spend My Life in Debt?: |
FFRK IX: To Be a Whale is Worse than Death:
FFRK IX: I Whale What I Want! You Have Problem!?: |
FFRK IX: I Don't Wanna Whale Anymore...: |
FFRK IX: Loss of Me-thril:
FFRK IX: You're Not Alone... Just Broke:
FFRK IX: Mist Opportunities:
FFRK IX: The Vivi Section (okay this is getting a little weird):
FFRK IX: I... so happy:|
FFRK IX: Greetings from Esto Gacha:
FFRK IX: Gizamaluke's Gacha:
FFRK IX: Final Bosses Outta Nowhere:
FFRK IX: Giant Space Whale From Nowhere: |
FFRK IX: Bugs mean I get more Mythril.:
FFRK: No Apocalypse!Cloud, no Ultimate++!Squall shall hinder us!:
Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Ooh... whale.:
FFRK IX: Worst in the whole whalin' series:

There's a tie, though I could swear I saw someone voting for all the titles that said "whale", in which case the draw would be smaller. Anyways - keep sending your votes, or else I'll pull off a Morbis and snatch the thread creation. With whatever title I choose.