Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
Something that I have been thinking about: people are surprised she was taking advice from other people, given her delusions, but I remember reading in the author's notes that Miko had gone from orphan to samurai and major member of an order of paladins safeguarding all of reality. Here she's a mere acolyte. While she might have the seeds of ego and destiny, it is probably too early in her development for it to fully manifest, hence why she's more willing to take advice.
Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
Personality conflicts aside, the Sapphire Guard apparently had quite a strict hierarchy and O-Chul was a new recruit.
No, I can see the logic to not immediately promoting O-Chul- I just don't see the particular logic to promoting Miko faster than the guy with actual leadership skills, given they both got in at the ground floor.

I'm still of the opinion that expecting the Gods to send messages to their top-tier mortal emissaries is entirely reasonable in the universe that Miko inhabits. Regardless of how human superiors behaved, would it have killed Rooster and Co. to send an omen or two to Sangwaan about the impending army of orange doom, given they were apparently hovering anxiously overhead, ready to hit the Fall button?