1. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Discussion Thread - How the Paladin Got His Scar (SPOILERS!)

Whoa there, Peelee. To explicate, I thought that Guts from Berserk is a fair example of the 'angry unstable loner with no sense of purpose in life', and the video just explains some of his development, which I think parallels Miko's in various respects. I thought it was an interesting what-if point of comparison, and I'm sorry if this was off-topic or not immediately apparent in context.

Trust me, no 3.5e powergamer is going to take more than 2 levels in monk. It's just that, institutionally speaking, most kids who were adopted into feudal monasteries were expected to stay there for life. And we do know she wept on leaving to join the guard. I know that OOTSverse doesn't map precisely to any real-world medieval culture, I just thought it was interesting.

Anyhoo- for all my griping, part of me is inclined to give Shojo the benefit of the doubt as to his motives, but I wonder if the simplest explanation for a lot of his later behaviour is that he's not faking the senility. :P

Last edited by Lacuna Caster; 2017-06-05 at 10:26 AM.
    Give directly to the extreme poor.