Quote Originally Posted by DalkonCledwin View Post
Not sure if I am even allowed to post in this thread anymore or not... but needed to ask... are there any rules for this system that enable the use of Union Devices. Since this is clearly modeled after Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, I would assume there are, but saw no mention of it...
This is almost certainly a necro, but only the person to necro gets hit with infraction, so I will respond freely. First, a quick Wiki check says that you are slightly wrong on the name. It's either Union-Type Device or Unison Device. Second, there's a wiki you can look at for this. Third, not that I know of.

Looking at what Unison Devices do, it looks like they boost energy efficiency and maximum output at the cost of limited candidate pools, with the actual Device being a separate creature from the "lord" and able to both survive the death of their "lord" and bond with a new "lord." They also apparently need calibration for specific users, can take over the shared body during "unison," have nasty side effects with "unison" and cause visible changes to the barrier jacket/knight armor.

These facts don't really fit with how Radiant Armaments work. They don't improve Illuminations in any meaningful way, which is the most basic point of Nanoha Devices. Improving magic use. And in the Nanoha series, the Costume equivalent is a spell, not a permanent item.

Given all of this, I think that the setup behind Unison Devices would be best done as part of a directly Nanoha compliant base class that acts mostly as an Artificer equivalent in respect to the other Evoker classes, creating permanent Devices and Cartridges that anyone can use, with Imbuements that allow for reducing Mote costs and using off-list Illuminations, with their Radiant Armaments forcing them to go for an Aura rather than a proper Costume and getting Illuminations that can create Costumes that act as a serious Mote sink if they don't dump Imbuements into reducing the cost.

In this setup, Unison Devices would probably be the result of a chain of Imbuments, costing a crazy amount to create due to said chain of Imbuements and rules for "calibration" to get them to be bonded to a particular Evoker, replacing said Evoker's normal Radiant Armaments feature(s) with a variant feature that integrates the Unison Device and provides the rules for use of the Unison Device.

Of course, I don't actually know enough about this system or its balance points to do it myself.