View Single Post

Thread: More Funny D&D Stories

1. - Top - End - #1246
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: More Funny D&D Stories

My party of 6 was up against some fey creatures that love to spew some poison that stuns. The poison wasn't that nasty (DC12 Con save), but there were 4 of those creatures that keep spamming that stuff in a cone area.

Our Cleric was a guy who is notorious for having very bad rolls. And that day was one of the many times where he constantly rolled 1s and 2s. He was stunned from start for 3 rounds, and the boss died in the 4th round with the few surviving creatures scattering, so the fight was pretty much over. He was supposed to be stunned in the 4th round too, but he rolled too early because it was not his turn yet (he just barely failed the save with a roll of 11), so the DM ignored that roll. The rest of us were never stunned for more than 1 round, and I was particularly lucky, never stunned at all. So the Cleric was very salty about not able to do anything in the whole fight, other than taking damage from all the poison flying around.

I have not seen anyone fail a DC12 save for 4 consecutive rounds, its hilarious and sad at the same time. He only needed to roll 10 or more, as he had 14 con, but still failed to do it.
    Last edited by Jerrykhor; 2017-06-07 at 01:56 AM.