View Single Post

Thread: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

1. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    BALROG II heading into Boston as Supply Line Bot from the Boathouse to Hangman\s Alley.
    Spoiler
    Show

Question: Is the AI more aggressive on Assaultrons than on ADA? I am thinking of custom-building an Assaultron follower for me to bring to known tough fights. ADA does not seem to be as aggressive as the supply line Assaultrons I have.

Edit: question II: How to get the Bunker Hill settlement?

Edit: I have given up on Sentry legs. Never on followers, ever, but that's not news. The thing is that even on provisioners they lead to A) VERRRY slow motion and B) Utter STUPIDITY. I had Patton II stuck against a lightpost on an empty street because he couldn't handle his awesome legs. I put Robobrain tracks on him, and he is super fast and navigates anything.
    I find Ada is about as aggressive as your flesh and blood companions. A normal, scratch built bot, seems to be more aggressive, which is not always a good thing (Hence my earlier suggestion to boost Chr. up to 8 and get 1 rank of Influential, to keep your bot from nuking you along with the enemy).

Robobrain tracks are the way to go, hands down. Faster than 2 legs, more mobile than 4. Add on a sentry torso with mortars (or nukes if you're feeling lucky (punk)) and either a robobrain head (for the mesmer attack) or the Assultron laser head. An explosive gatling laser and the stealth blade for arm weapons and a tesla coil torso mod...throw on the armor that deals poison damage and your good to go every time.

As for supply routes, I tend to pick the shortest route available. So I have a line from Starlight to the Boathouse, or Starlight to Greygarden, to Oberland, to Hangman's Alley. The longer the route, the more chances there are for things to get mucked up. On a side note, yesterday I surprised a gang of Rust Devils as they started to attack one of my supply bots. Two-shot Gauss Rifle to the face for everybody!
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2017-06-07 at 02:35 AM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."