Slightly off-beat considering when the Abdel/Jaheira glorified slashfic started, but I've been replaying Neverwinter Nights recently and, well...
I made a selfless, compassionate and virtuous paladin, so obviously I did the right thing and redeemed lady Aribeth. And suddenly, out my basic concern for her eventual second guessing on that whole redemption thing considering she's doing it pending execution in a jail cell, the game script tells me "F*** whatever character arc you thought you were having as a fellow paladin horrified by but not involved enough in the injustice that made her fall, now you love her. Or you're actualy an a-hole. Your choice." And it killed the mood. I'm not sure I'm going to finish that playthrough now and I'm basicaly one steamroller walk away from the end boss.

...I'm not against the option existing. But I'd really like it to be a little less forced down my throat by surprise.
Like when I faced the corrupted Bastilla in KotOR. You basically have three options : "it's sad, but I guess I pretty much have to kill you now", "what the hell, what you're doing is wrong on so many levels and doesn't even make sense", and "but I loooove youuuuuu". Guess wich one works. No, it's not the one that happens to be consistent with how you behaved with Bastilla up until now.