1. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Road Trip to Save The World!)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well. I think this video really made the game's pacing problems sink in for me - I had the speed on x1.5 the entire time and it looked entirely reasonable and playable. Maybe a little too much movespeed, but the combat looks so much better. Even most of the music sounds fine sped up.

Also, reposting this since it was a late edit (to avoid doubling it):
    The game feels rather sloggish as a player as well, it feels like you are walking through tar with how movement is almost like pulling a chain around with a weird feeling of input delay because of how characters gain momentum in the engine. The rate for the string combo is also slower than one would expect and takes a lot of time to get used to.

Playing the game at 150% is borderline unnoticeable until you drop back to the original clock speed (except for the music but most of it is actually still pretty good when sped up). Incidentally at 150% the string combo is doable with just mashing alone. Heck, even the narration is improved by the speed-up.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2017-06-09 at 11:39 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.