To the Entrance

"No, I don't think so. I mean, I might be able to figure out how to do it, but there's nothing in my book on summoning darkness. The problem with magic, at least on my homeworld, is that it's all so contradictory. I summon things by creating a resonance here and where the item is, bringing it to me. I know how to do that, and how it works. But were I to try to learn how to, for example, turn invisible, I'd never be able to do it. An illusionist could, by... I think they bend reality or light or perception around them, or something? I don't know. But according to the theory of magic my conjuration runs on, bending perception like that is impossible, but they couldn't vibrate reality to create the resonance I use to teleport a rock to my hand." Rule #1 of Earl's Magic System: Any given magic contradicts all other types of magic; even if both types of magic creates the same end result, they do so in inherently different ways. Addendum: Magical knowledge for somebody else in RP doesn't follow this rule unless they want it to, so their pyromancer can learn necromancy if they find a book on reanimating the dead in my dungeon. Or their knight who found said book can later learn pyromancy.