I'd also like to say that it's entirely possible to observe that some of the qualities panned in the prequels are also present in the original trilogy (Lucas thinking whiny, maladroit, but still aligned-with-good characters who exist solely to fall over their own feet while shrieking about it are the height of humor, i.e., Jar-Jar Binks and C-3PO), and think, not better of the prequels as a result, but worse of the original trilogy.

(For the original assertion, just in case I was less than clear, I'm going to spell it out: I do not believe there is any intentional subtext pointing to the Jedi being significantly morally flawed in the prequels. I do not believe Lucas believed they were such. I don't believe he saw anything wrong with Yoda's "accept that your loved one will be gone and don't mourn them" advice to Anakin. Given that he did explicitly say that the prophecy did in fact speak of the destruction of the Sith and that Anakin/Vader accomplished it by killing the Emperor, I also don't believe he thought the Jedi were wrong to be invested in Anakin as the Chosen One; I believe he genuinely meant for Anakin's sudden embrace of murdering children to be a further and inevitable step along the same path he started down by not wiping love from his heart, and accordingly the fault for Anakin's fall was entirely his own--not because of anything he did that I would agree was actually wrong, but because he didn't turn himself into an emotionless automaton like every Jedi in the prequel movies who didn't fall. That he established, with Obi-Wan walking away from Anakin and leaving him alive and suffering after he was mutilated and badly burned by the lava, that a Jedi could do something that was both incredibly sadistic and suicidally stupid without it being a sign of the dark side as long as he didn't raise his voice while doing it, was an unnecessary and entirely over-the-top touch to establish the prequel movies' lack of moral weight.)