I'll make this short. General impression: I like it a lot. Certainly best 40k game I've had in years. Rules mostly work, a lot of stuff will take time getting used to (i.e. we both forgot command points existed.)

End result: 7:4 to eldar on points, but eldar almost wiped out.

Match-up wasn't ideal. I feel a lot of my monsters were good at killing big stuff, while he brought almost entirely aspect warriors, a hemlock and an avatar.

In general, higher move on monsters is a godsend. No more carnifexes slogging around for three turns, while being whittled down.

Hive tyrants are hive tyrants, they do what they always did. Except faster and with a ward save. However, tyrant guard are godly. Relatively cheap ablative wounds for your tyrant, even in melee.

Exocrine wasn't as impressive as it might have been, I feel. Shooting it at aspect warriors just feels unsatisfying, but there wasn't much else.

Carnifexes are awesome, but a lot of that was probably rolling. As in, it charged the avatar and trampled it into the mud first attack on the charge, no wounds in return.

Trygon prime feels a bit schizophrenic: shooting attack is good against light infantry (12 shots, medium strength, no AP), while it has what is probably the best melee profile in the army. Though since everything has split fire, I suppose it might work. Having it pop out on command with some hormagaunts was really nice to take objectives early.

Lictors: probably still need to be in groups. This one charged first turn and took two wounds off a farseer, then was slaughtered. If there had been two or three, it would have taken out the enemy's biggest force multiplier.

The toxicrene, sadly, never got to do much. I suspect rerolling to wound rolls might be awesome, except it only ever fought stuff with T3

Termagants: still fun to block about half hte width of the table with bodies and then let off a salvo of 60 S4 shots. About the same as they were.