Quote Originally Posted by prototype00 View Post
One caveat, I was going over the errata about size of weapons, and it states you can only have one actual size increase and one "as if" size increase to damage. Becoming a huge angry hippo is an actual size increase, and applying Strong Jaw is an "as if" size increase. Improved Natural Attack is also an "as if" size increase to damage, and thus does not stack if I don't miss my guess. So Hippos and Rhinos get 8d8 damage (32d8 with greater vital strike), nice but no Conqueror Ooze.

prototype00
Oh, I see. That's sad, then. But becoming the huge hippo is not actually a size increase, you can still cast Animal Growth on you. It will cost you another action, which might be a lot if you can't buff before the encounter. I hope you have a good scout. There is also another way to become big, and that is being lv4 Bloodrager with the abyssal bloodline. This way, you grow in size when you rage, no matter your creature type. You could use this to make the ooze grow bigger too, going for absurd amounts of cheese! So, instead of barbarian 1 and monk 5, you could go bloodrager 4 and oracle 1. You will have rage, immunity to fatigue and a size increase. There is no more table beyond 16d6 damage, but following the logic, I think it should rise to 24d6. That would go to a whooping 96d6 vital strike, dealing 576 absurds amount of damage in one punch! That would be the ultimate ooze!

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
You could always cheese a build using the Mage Guild bonuses from Inner Sea Magic. All to easy to make up 1-3 CL including spell progression for some gold and trivial skill checks. At 35 Fame so level 7-8 depending, you could make up 3CL in one class and 1CL in another.

So things like Paladin2/Scaled Monk1/Sorcerer5 will cast like a level 8 Sorc with Cha to saves and AC. Throw in some Favored Prestige Class and you can Gish into DD/EK and still be a full caster.

Wiz3/Cleric1/MT4 using Equipment Trick Sunrod (Like the Sun) for early entry will cast as a Wiz8/Cleric8.

Could always go party of 1. Play a tier 1 caster grab a UMD using Improved Familiar and a tanky Animal Companion and enjoy being a one man army.
Whoah, that's some cheese right there! I checked Inner Sea Magic to understand it, and it states that the guild bonus only rises effective caster level. Other class features aren't affected, so either the animal companion or the familiar won't scale any further. The full casting gish is interesting, though. The DD can be absurd with natural attacks and won't be a one trick pony like most cheese builds.