Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
And when I meant students, I never would consider course credit or anything like that viable. I'm not a company, so that would have to seem shady to any reputable institution. When I meant using students, I meant more along the lines of putting up one of those sheets with phone number strips advertising the opportunity at a programming school nearby or something. Perhaps the digital equivalent thereof on a social networking site. And that hardly seems like taking advantage of anyone, given it is A. voluntary and B. a paying gig for people who may have that in short supply. My best friend spent his first year after getting his degree in game creation from a prestigious school living in my trailer mostly just working on RPG Maker games and self-gratification, totally unemployed. If someone had given him a shot at $500 and 50-60% of the future proceeds for a game he'd likely have jumped at the chance.
Consider the graphic at http://lifehacker.com/this-graphic-e...kes-1735164869

I haven't dug and maybe the numbers are off, but even if you use some sort of generic backend for the app, the info above is saying an average of 8 weeks (2 months) to get the v1 of the app out. They have the charge per hour for IOS and android apps in North america at ~ $150. Going to Eastern Europe or India drops that to about $35/hour. Expecting $500 and future promises to cover 8 weeks of work seems WAY off, even for a student.