Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
This month is starting to make me feel like my family has triggered a gypsy curse of some kind or something. First, my mother falls and shatters her kneecap, which means she's essentially going to be bedridden for over a month. As a result of this I had to take an unpaid day off from work today because the movers who are supposed to take my things down to Florida were supposed to come today, since my father had to take my mother to a follow up doctor's appointment and someone needed to be here. Of course, the mover's couldn't come today because their truck blew its transmission, so now they'll probably have to come on Sunday, after I've already left.
Naturally. Ouch. And I thought my week could have been better. My commiserations.

In a slightly more positive vein, some good news to report for once. While at the gardener's world show today, they had a mechanical horse ride-doofer for the charity riding for the disabled. Mum had a good go on it. (I did not. I've read enough books that go on about the unpleasantness of riding horses for the first time and my pelvis-burn-hole problem is still not quite at 100% which would have put me off, even if I was inclined in the first place...!) It's not quite the first time she's been on a horse for thirty-odd years, but it is almost. And, as we commented, she couldn't have done that this time last year (as some of you may remember, she'd not long had her stroke). In fact, both me and Mum think she's actually better now in most respects than she was before her stroke; for whatever reason - the determination, the re-wiring of the brain or the system reboot essentially - her FM is not nearly as bad as it was before.

Still, I wouldn't recommend "have a stroke" as a treatment for fibromyalgia - bit of a cutting off noses to spite faces sort of thing...!