Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
Compared to the average Drill Sergeant Nasty, I wouldn't say Bandana's body language is out of the ordinary:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...lSergeantNasty
I'm not going to follow a TV Tropes link - far too dangerous I'll never get out - is 'nasty' a term of endearment?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
This is the most ridiculous part to me. Even if we accept that Bandana shouting at Andi was over the line, it's a absurd stretch to say that it immediately makes what Andi does afterward understandable. And the thing is, not only is Bandana under the exact same stressors as Andi, and notably does not assault her, but also Bandana, as well as everyone else in this thread, knows that Andi is doing this not out of concern for the crew, but deliberately to challenge Bandana.
The immediate stressor that leads to the wrenching is the leabing over person screaming at her in her face. When does this happen to Bandi? Notably, Andi does not do anything approaching what Bandi did until Bandi does it. If her motives for striking Bandi was to 'deliberately to challenge Bandana' then why did it take place so close after the screaming of Bandi? Coinicidence?

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
One doing something morally wrong - doesn't mean that one bears all the responsibility for the retaliation - especially with the retaliation is disproportionate.

Harsh words - even "uncalled for" ones - don't justify extreme violence as retaliation.

Bandana cannot - "hold all moral blame for the consequences of the wrench attack" - no amount of criticism of Bandana's words can absolve Andi.

"Shock at what she herself had done" doesn't mean she didn't choose to make the attack - only that Andi didn't fully comprehend herself and her own personality.
Its rude to put things in quotations that have never been said, particularly when you are not making that obvious.

May I ask why you are ignoring Bandi's getting in Andi's space and forcing her to lean back? It wasn't only words. It was a physical confrontation. Andi was stunned and then did one strike back. That hardly seems disporportionate.