View Single Post

Thread: Is OOTS even trying anymore?

1. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Is OOTS even trying anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    The immediate stressor that leads to the wrenching is the leabing over person screaming at her in her face. When does this happen to Bandi? Notably, Andi does not do anything approaching what Bandi did until Bandi does it. If her motives for striking Bandi was to 'deliberately to challenge Bandana' then why did it take place so close after the screaming of Bandi? Coinicidence?
    The immeadiate stressors are the events ongoing in the ship, i.e. the deaths of several pirates and your stated reason for Andi's current state. And, sure, Andi doesn't scream at Bandana, but neither does Bandana ever brain Andi with a metal tool, so I think it's pretty clear neither of them are trying to match the other in actions. And to be clear, I think it is absolutely likely and reasonable (though not necessarily right*) for Bandana's reaction to Andi's disdain to be to shout at her, and that it is entirely unreasonable for the follow up reaction to be a physical assault. Her outright motive for striking Bandana is probably rage, something I hold strongly against her, but her motive for talking to her in the first place (and the underlying motive of all her actions) is almost certainly a misplaced belief that Bandana should not be captain.

*if you wanted to solely make the argument that Bandana shouldn't have reacted this way and highlight of how she can improve as a captain, I might even agree, but in making the claim that not only are what she and Andi did on the same level morally, but also that what Bandana did in anyway automatically resulted in what Andi did you bring this argument way past whether or not what Bandana did was "right".
    Last edited by Jaxzan Proditor; 2017-06-17 at 07:25 PM.

Peelee’s Lotsey