Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
The immeadiate stressors are the events ongoing in the ship, i.e. the deaths of several pirates and your stated reason for Andi's current state.
The deaths of the pirates happened a strip or two before. The screaming occured two panels before. The screaming is obviously more immediate. I don't see any room for debate there.

And, sure, Andi doesn't scream at Bandana, but neither does Bandana ever brain Andi with a metal tool, so I think it's pretty clear neither of them are trying to match the other in actions. And to be clear, I think it is absolutely likely and reasonable (though not necessarily right*) for Bandana's reaction to Andi's disdain to be to shout at her, and that it is entirely unreasonable for the follow up reaction to be a physical assault. Her outright motive for striking Bandana is probably rage, something I hold strongly against her, but her motive for talking to her in the first place (and the underlying motive of all her actions) is almost certainly a misplaced belief that Bandana should not be captain.

*if you wanted to solely make the argument that Bandana shouldn't have reacted this way and highlight of how she can improve as a captain, I might even agree, but in making the claim that not only are what she and Andi did on the same level morally, but also that what Bandana did in anyway automatically resulted in what Andi did you bring this argument way past whether or not what Bandana did was "right".
I'm not saying what they did is on the same level of morality. I'm saying that if you were to get in the face of a random person during a crisis and screamed at them you would find yourself getting struck quite often. 'Fight or Flight' it's a thing.