Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
Not "whether she was evil" - "whether she committed an evil act".

For me, she did.

For me, Bandana's acts leading up to being hit - while not great, never qualified as evil in the fashion that Andi's did.

If we hold PCs to the same standards as NPCs, why not vice versa?
Because Andi reacted in the actual second. (in one panel she is in a defenseless posture getting bellowed out in her face. In the next she is raising her hand. In the next the blow has been struck. Where is ither time for choice and not reflex?) I think the fact that lot of people when condeming Andi's actions have to pretend that Andi waited when the comic simply doesn't have any opportunity for waiting is telling.

Choice is on stronger ground, and I would expect a good character to be able to excercise the self-control perhaps. However, it is possible that we don't disagree that much (certainly although I claim it is a neutral act I would expect it more from an evil person than a good or neutral person, most evil, some neutral few good).

Imagine - ridiculous situation that I am not claiming it taking place in the comic - that an alien forces Andi to live a fasmilie of the last dozen comics over and over again. How many loops - aproximately - before you are willing to say 'Andi, you're evil now.'

The chief engineer is still the best at fixing. Other crew might be able to nail a plank in to fix a hole - but not much more than that. Even if it's coordinating a bunch of "able seamen" or "able crewer's" - the Chief engineer should, generally speaking, never be on the quarterdeck in this kind of crisis - because their skillset is so valuable, and so needed at work.

Some crew are much less useful - and they can be spared to run errands, carry messages, etc. The Chief Engineer cannot.

Think of it as like Star Trek - except, there are no communicators - so the least necessary crewmembers, have to act as living communicators.

If Scotty or Geordi La Forge is out of Main Engineering and on the Bridge - during a space battle, something has gone very wrong with his priorities.
There are far more people in Star Trek. Have we seen anything to suggest that there are lots of superflous crew members below deck that can be given orders by Andi to send a message? If there are why was hanging-out-near-Roy-to-give-him-a-sword-man hiding where he was rather than assisting the below deck crew?