*skulldesk*

Watched the second trio of episodes of Thundercats.

Hooooooo boy.

It impresses on me how good Transformers (for all it's ills) was, and how amazing Centurions is.

Thundercats is... Honestly pretty terrible. The voice acting is... Bad. Panthro is the only one who sounds vaguely like a real person. Everyone else is so... stilted. Snarf - to my AMAZEMENT - actually might be one of the better characters (since he HAS a bit of personality and actually isn't as hopeless/cowardly as I thought he was); but what little gain that gets him squandered by the "snarf snarf" which is annoying. The rest of the Thundercats are all "the code of Thundera" and "brave nobel warrior" in a way in comparible to season one ST:TNG.

The scripts are... Nearly MASK level bad. Stuff just happens because the script says so.

(Example: Mumm-Ra has Cheetara captured - somehow, she just suddenly faits while of her morning run - and shapoeshifts into *sigh* "Pumm-ra" (a puma Thundercat). Despite being... PAINFULLY obvious, the Thundercats take him overnight and decide to give hima week's probabation before accepting him. That night, Mumm-Ra sneaks out sabtgaes the Thunder Lair and the Thunder Tank and steals the Sword of Omens, all without alerting the Thundercats. So, he's got his objective, he's covered his escape, right? No. He just STAYS there until morning for no reason whatsoever and then it all goes horribly wrong.)

The bad guys pose no credible threat at all, nor are they fun to watch flounder around. It's also pianfully obvious they aren't allowed to hit each other with their weapons (thank frag Transformers was able to get away with it).

The animation is not bad, I suppose. The action sequences mave maybe slightly more dynamism to them that MASK, but it's hard to say.

Maybe it will mature, but at the moment... It's... Becoming a bit hard to watch, actually.