Quote Originally Posted by Xyril View Post
I suspect you are wrong. Note, nobody else is condemning the OP for judging a sexual preference: They are condemning other people who have made statements critical of OP (namely, that they felt this topic was inappropriate,) and asserted that those other people were wrong for criticizing an a certain sexual preference (because the reason they feel uncomfortable with the topic is that they feel uncomfortable with OPs preference for heavier people.) If we assume that they read OPs post your way, their criticism does not make sense. If we assume otherwise, it does.
Ok I feel like we're getting turned around here. No one in this thread has condemned OP for a sexual preference. There are several of us who've said we're not comfortable with the way it's being discussed and applied to a particular individual. (Honest Tiefling, Rechechere, and ThurlRavenscrof have all made similar statements.)

Although to be honest, I'd be a little iffy with him saying he was into a particular woman for that reason? Like, I just feel like I wouldn't want my boyfriend discussing what he liked about my body on a public forum, even if he didn't identify me. It's not about the preference so much as what is and isn't appropriate discourse about people's bodies.

I am sincerely curious your reasoning for reaching that conclusion. To me, the title (as hustlertwo noted) is pretty definitive even by itself. The phrasing, "is anyone else (something)" generally implies "I am (something.)" The only situation where that last bit isn't implied is when you're clearly referring to some third party who is (something.) "Sir-Mix-A-Lot is into heavier people. Is anybody else into heavier people here?" doesn't carry the implication that the speaker is into heavier people. "Is anybody else into heavier people here?" by itself implies that the speaker is into heavier people: The "else" implies reference to someone already known to be into heavier people, and absent some specific antecedent reference, the speaker is generally the default.

I can see why "and then I realized being heavier carries drawbacks" could imply a change in preference, but not definitively.
It's the discussion about drawbacks combined with the later insistence that he isn't actually into the woman being discussed. Especially with the "I assure you" which seems very clear to me that it isn't even a possibility.