1. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Let me watch the episode that was released this weekend.

Spoiler: S7 E11
    Show
    S7 E11: Not Asking for Trouble, thoughts as I watch.
    • (Pinkie shows a scroll of mail with a bull head silhouette on the stamp.) Ah yes, this is the Yakyakistan episode! I remember the TV guide synopsis. Great! That means a whole episode of Pinkie Pie's awesomeness.
    • A pair of giant wooden yak statues holding giant torches, right behind the gate to the city. Interesting.
    • So is all the yak stomping causing the avalanches that the TV guide synopsis mentioned? Because that would be a tough one to resolve.
    • (Yak eating houose, yak sleeping hut.) Ok, now you're just lazy, recycling all the ideas from S5. Let's get over with this. (Yak music hut.)
    • ("Yak horn too heavy for small pony head.) Oh good, Prince Rutherford still has some common sense.
    • Ah, so now the yaks just stomp on the snow.
    • Hehe, Pinkie has snow horns.
    • Good thing Pinkie is familiar with Ponyville, where the ponies don't use unicorn magic to change seasons, so she'll understand why Yaks have a custom where they don't use pony help to change seasons.
    • (The goats were attacked by a giant sand creature.) Hehe, telling a story might be a good idea, but Pinkie is a really bad storyteller. Again. We've seen that in S1 E21. She should get Princess Luna or some other good storyteller here. There were some nice details in the drawings she conjured during the story though.
    • (You know who would enjoy the snow sandwiches? ... they'll clear the snow away.) That was a good try, Pinkie. Pity you messed it up in the end.
    • Oh no! "Honorary yak status rescinded." That will really hurt Pinkie. It's like when Cranky wouldn't accept her apology. Pinkie will now go very far to fix this. Even the yaks won't be able to out-stubborn her.
    • Nice! Pinkie's spy goggles from S3 E1 is back. They can do more interesting callbacks than the vanilla extract balance.
    • They just sneak in and fix the town while the yaks are sleeping? That's so rude. And the yaks don't even have guards for the night because nobody ever comes to Yakyakistan to steal anything?
    • She started another war? I hope no.
    • That's it? That's all there is for the ending? This episode makes no sense. I just don't know what to say.

Update: this show has grown up. It started as a kids' cartoon, and now it's dealing with adult topics like a country forcibly liberating another country from its supposedly oppressive regime.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2017-06-21 at 09:39 AM.