Abandoned Shack, Evening Star 27
I've been... approached by the Dark Brotherhood. They took notice when I 'stole' that contract, but rather than kill me they want to recruit me. They went through a lot of trouble to do this, and I'm...intrigued. I think I will follow up on this.

Falkreath Sanctuary, Evening Star 29
I went back to Jorrvaskr, not just to hand over the axe, but because I wanted Meeko to stay there. I think it's getting to dangerous for him to travel with me, and I don't think it would be a good idea to have him with me for this.

With that out of the way, I made the trip over to Falkreath, and found the Brotherhood's home, as described. I gave the password, and was allowed access. Astrid, the leader here and the one who recruited me, greeted me at the entrance. I guess she was confident I'd accept. She told me to meet the "Family", and gave me a suit of the armour they use. I quite like it, but I think I'll return to my coat of plates when I need to look like a warrior.

It's quite the eclectic mix of personalities here, including a werewolf and a child-like vampire. My contact for contracts is a fellow Redguard swordsman, who gave me some small jobs with which to prove myself. Most of the Family think I'm not going to survive long. They don't know me very well.

Forgotten Crypt, Morning Star 1
Bounty hunter, vampire hunter, assassin... it's all the same thing. Over the last few days I hunted and killed and escaped criminal, and forced the information of a vampire's location from it's friend, and killed him in his hiding place. And that was just work for the Companions and Dawnguard. The three targets from Nazir may have been... less acceptable in general, but I don't know what that convict was put away for, or even if that vampire had any crimes beyond being one. All the same, as long as it's payed for.

With all this done, it's time to return to my employers for my pay. Maybe the Brotherhood will have a more interesting hunt for me now that I've proven I can do the job.