1. - Top - End - #228
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 3 (Revenge of the Past)

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Samantha did her best to keep nearby, but was busy keeping up with all her friends, and couldn't really dedicate time to Ophelia.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Neutral Allure, +0 total. Can't justify both Connections and School Queen to myself, and that's the only way I'm making this one. Best of luck to Alice though.
    That's when Sam gets a text from a few of her friends.

"Pay attention to us!" What does she do?

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Athena, unfortunately, does not make much of a positive impression at the beginning of the party. Showing up fairly late didn't help much, and her attitude upon coming in was surprisingly emotional, if not frustrated. "That infernal machine!" she shouts as her mother drives away. "Five hours! Five hours that father and I spent working to restore everything to working order! All because some imbecile behind us last night did not understand that when there is water on a road surface, coefficients of static friction grow very close to zero, and that coefficients of kinetic friction, barring chemical action, are going to be even lower! But no, why would someone understand basic physics! It's not like it's a necessary skill when learning to drive that every human being with basic cognitive function should possess anyways!" Indeed, her appearance suggests that, while she since changed clothes for the party, she didn't have the time to bathe or otherwise clean the various greases and oils off of her face and arms. Two large, grey smears are visible on her face, and her hair even is still tied back to keep out of her face when she was working.

As the evening goes on, Athena quickly finds herself regretting her outburst at the beginning of the party as the others all surround the object of her... was it affection? No, it couldn't be. She was a pleasure to be around, but that alone does not mean that those feelings need be affection... Focus. She was interested in further studying the other girl. Nothing more. Still, she should make some gesture of restitution to her host, given her behavior earlier.

"Um... Ophelia? I just wanted to... apologize, for the scene that I created on arrival. It was unprofessional, and rude, to bring the problems of my day to your dwelling when that was not the reason I was invited."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I can't make that check with Allure (-1)
    I'm surprised your parents didn't tell you to clean up earlier. Like I understand having you help out early, but eventually shouldn't they have told you to get ready for the party. Ophelia comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi was in his element, flitting here and there like a humming bird. He paused only briefly to chat with Ophelia.

"Now remember darling. New Year's Eve is all about new beginnings. So please don't be disappointed if I fall flat on my face after midnight. The spiritual energy is just a bit much for me. But, before I do could you please consider me for your midnight kiss."

The incubus purrs seductively in the sorceresses ear. His frilly navy blue silk shirt let's the girl see, well everything.

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll +1, Shameless +2, Temptation +2; Total: 5
    +1 if Soldier of Sin activates.
    Faustian Pact on Athena
    Ta...tachi... Ophelia says clearly tempted but pushing you away. My parents are right here. She points out with a jerk of her head.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Emma came to the party, but not alone. Despite Ophelia's intention on the party being only for her close friends, Emma arrived with a small entourage of her worshippers, including her father and mother, all dressed in ceremonial robes.

"I'm sorry if we're too loud," she whispered to Ophelia as her dad started leading an 'Exhalation Service' in front of another worshiper with a camera, "I'm supposed to be leading a ceremony to usher in the New Year, and this is the best compromise I could come up with. We're live-streaming it to everyone else so they can follow along, but I'm going to need to go between them and you guys until it's over."

"Our Emerald Maiden!" High Priest Edwards suddenly interjects, "Come, tell us what the New Year will hold for your followers!"

"Uh oh, gotta go!" Emma said, putting a gold laurel on her head, "Hey, I have an idea! Come with me."

She pulls Ophelia up in front of the camera, then says, "Everyone, this is my friend Ophelia! Say hi!"

"Greetings, Ophelia!" the followers present chant in unison.

"Now, I've got big plans going forward into the New Year! I want to spread my love to a bunch of new people, and make allies outside of our faith! While that might sound odd to some of you, remember what we learned years before: I cannot force people to worship me, especially if I want to be a good goddess. But we can show everyone that you guys aren't dangerous or creepy, and that we deserve to be recognized as a real religion, instead of just some cult! So give thanks for that!"

"Praise be!" the followers chant, "We are not a cult!"

"Good! But don't think all of my attention in the coming year will be focused on external matters. I want to deal with issues concerning you all as well! Like continuing the cleansing sessions for those who still need them, and increasing the educational standards for our community, and finally catching those jerks who keep stealing our gates!"

"Let there be Divine Retribution for the Gate Thieves!" the followers chant.

"I'll also be going over all of the requests you will be writing down at home tomorrow morning. I'm sorry again for not being there to hear them in person this year, but I am so thankful to have such understanding followers as you! Seriously, you guys are the best!"

Emma hears the countdown starting, and says, "Oh, everyone! It's almost time! Be sure to show appreciation to your loved ones for this coming year! I brought my friend Ophelia here because this is the first New Year's celebration she can remember, so I want it to be special! And in the New Year's tradition of everyone in general, I will be bestowing my New Year's blessing on her with a kiss!"

Emma looks over at Ophelia, suddenly looking more nervous than she had in front of the camera, "I-If you want it, that is. I, uh... didn't really think that part through until just now."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Allure, Maiden's Garb (+2), Mandate of the Emerald Maiden if failed.
    Ophelia red in the face, kisses you on the lips.

Seriously Emma...? She whispers as she does so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice had gone all-out on her outfit for Ophelia's New Year's Eve party, determined to have the sorceress looking at no one but her all night. In fact, she'd brought a couple changes of clothes, just in case Ophelia's parents noticed her and insisted she change. Above the waist she was wearing nothing but a fishnet top over a strapless, lacy black bra, while below she wore a pair of skinny jeans. She knew Ophelia liked her chest and intended to emphasize it in full.

Earlier in the night she'd made sure to tell Ophelia about how it was normal to share a kiss with someone at the stroke of midnight on New Year's, and not-subtly hinted that she'd be very happy to be the one she did that with. So as midnight approached she'd been stuck to her friend like glue, her arms wrapped around one of Ophelia's. "Almost time..." she whispered in a sultry tone, watching Ophelia's expression for any sign of interest and eying her lips hopefully.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Shameless +2, Touchy-Feely +1, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 1/3.
    Ophelia mesmirized by Alice's natural charm plants a kiss on her as soon as she gets back from Emma.

You look fantastic. She mumbled warmly.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-06-26 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.