View Single Post

Thread: Steam Summer Sale: what should I get

1. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Steam Summer Sale: what should I get

Quote Originally Posted by kraftcheese View Post
    If you like Skyrim, Oblivion, the game that preceded it is great; a bit ugly by todays standards but there's some great mods that make faces look much less like pudding, levelling issues aside its a great game, loads to do. Morrowind in the game that came before that and it's wonderful too; a different game but incredible to get lost in; plenty of mods to prettify and update certain gameplay aspects. Both half off and you get all the DLC w both of them.
    If you like the setting, I'd actually recommend you go further back and get Daggerfall; I think it's a much better game than Oblivion (I haven't played Skyrim yet), though it definitely is much worse graphically, plus it has some bugs (save often, especially before getting a quest!). The game environment is huge, the game is essentially open-ended, and the main quest line can be resolved in several different ways (definitely an advantage over Oblivion, which has only 1 successful way to resolve the main plot, and that way is unfortunately lame).

EDIT: Oh, and Daggerfall is available for free IIRC.
    Last edited by dps; 2017-06-27 at 11:46 AM.