Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTrevor View Post
As far as the games without their roots in the wargame, there is for now one solution:
Spread the word, introduce people to them.

I've spread these games, by current count by my best memory, to...
I wanna say 15 people.
All but 4 of which had no Tabletop RPG experience at all before I introduced it. I'm also trying to get involved at my FLGS as a GM for games people haven't heard of before and might like to play.
This has been my approach* - I've introduced somewhere in the vicinity of 25 people, a number greatly inflated by getting into these games younger when everyone had free time (by which I mean junior high for me and elementary school for the youngest players).

*Approach in this case is defined as "incidental side effect to doing nerd stuff with friends", I'm not doing this out of some sort of obligation to the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTrevor View Post
I can't help but not really care when people complain about a situation that exists and then do a combination of "Nothing," and complaining that none of the solutions fix everything fast enough for their tastes. Welp, Rome wasn't toppled overnight. Nations and Corporations have this in common. They also aren't built overnight, either.

Introducing competition into a near-monopoly is a monumental task. There's no point on pointing that out and saying there's no quick solution. There's no quick solution to removing a mountain, either. But it can be done, and has been done, and why not try?
I'm not sure if I'm intended to be in the group described as doing nothing and complaining about solutions being slow, but I will say that it's worth identifying the problem and the lack of quick solutions even without having a slow solution in place. The understanding is valuable on its own, and problems are easier to solve when they're understood.