Raldbthar, Morning Star 4
I've received my first "Real Job" for the Brotherhood. I contacted Muiri, a shop assistant in Markarth, who wanted me to kill a bandit leader named Alain Dufont. Furthermore, she offered me a bonus if I would kill Nilsine Shatter-Shield in Windhelm.

Dufont and his gang were based in a dwemer ruin called Raldbthar. I decided this was a good opportunity to cut loose, and shifted into my beast form to attack them. I rampaged through the bandits, killing Dufont and everyone with him. The bandits had only occupied the areas of the ruin closest to the entrance. I explored the rest of the ruin, in human form as the beast has no interest in Animunculi. I discovered another way into Blackreach at the end, and a fragment of a curious blue crystal token.

I'll pay Nilsine a visit tomorrow.

Windhelm, Morning Star 5
How delightful. There's already a killer in town, targeting young women no less. That will certainly make my life easier, why suspect the traveller when there's a serial killer already around? I quietly dealt with Nilsine when she was alone and hid her body, it'll be a while before her death is discovered.

Nevertheless, I felt the need to uncover this killer. Integrating myself with the local authorities wouldn't hurt, either. So I spoke to the steward about helping with the investigation. Questioning the witnesses didn't help, but a blood trail leading away from where the body was found did. An abandoned house, within I found journals, a distinctive amulet, and a necromantic ritual altar hidden behind a false panel in a wardrobe. I've been told by a local curiosities dealer that this amulet belongs to the court wizard. I'll question him tomorrow.

Morning Star 6
That went quicker than I expected. I spoke to the court mage Wuunferth the Unliving. The amulet wasn't his, but he identified it as a necromantic artifact. Knowing necromancy was involved, he deduced that the next attack would have to occur soon, in the market square. I don't think he figured quite how soon, as almost as soon as I went to the market to look for a good vantage I spotted the curioso dealer creeping up on a woman with a knife. He didn't see me, and I took him down with a crossbow bolt before he could strike. I searched his shop, finding the evidence of him being the killer, which I presented to the steward. Oh, if only I arrived sooner, maybe Nilsine might have been saved. Ha!

I've begun travelling west. I'll be stopping off in Dawnstar on my way back to the sanctuary.

Morning Star 7
The Dawnguard had me assassinate a vampire in the jarl's court. I managed to 'acquire' evidence of the fiend's nature, which I presented to Skald. There was no interference as I shot the vampire in the head in front of the guards.

Wreck of the Orphan's Tear, Morning Star 8
I came out here, north of Solitude, to hunt down a bandit leader for a bounty. I've done so, but the weather, already freezing, has turned completely hostile as a blizzard has blown in, with no sign of abating. Even in my tent, the entrance of which is almost on top of my fire, I can feel the chill. I can't just wait around, if it doesn't clear by tomorrow only I'll take what firewood I can from the bandit's campsite and head onward.

Ilinalta's Deep, Morning Star 9. Night of the Full Moon
I write this in the morning of the 10th, as the night was lost to me. Yesterday I made my way south, stopping briefly at Solitude to claim a bounty, and then at Markarth to report to Muiri and receive my pay. Far better bay than any job I've had with the Companions, though in the future Astrid will be expecting a cut.

While it was late, I decided to keep moving towards Falkreath, as I had both a job for the Companions and, of course, to report to Astrid. It's just as well I did, as I hadn't been keeping track of the phases of Masser, and that night was the night. I don't really remember much of what happened, only that I hunted, and that when I returned to my senses, I was in a ruined fort surrounded by robed corpses and the tell-tale ashes of destroyed undead.

It's only dawn, and I'm exhausted. I should make my way back to the Sanctuary all the same. I should also check the Roadside Ruins that I was headed to for my merc job, I think I was just about there when I shifted, maybe I completed the job and cleared out the spriggans while hunting.