Yes, it is too much to ask for most people. But then that is why most people don't make good gamers. The only real solution is to be strict: if people don't show up, then you kick them out of the game. And you have to except nothing less then their house exploding as a good excise for them to miss a game. Anything less then that will just annoy you has they will all ways have a reason to miss 9 out of 10 games. So if they call up and are like ''I can't game tonight, the baby has a cold'', your better off just saying ''I understand, maybe we can game again in 18 years or so''.

Way too many people, known as casual gamers, just think of the game as a default ''well if I have nothing better to do'' type of thing. You don't want any of this type of person in your game. They will always not show up, as long as they can find something else to do.

Another side of the causal gamer to avoid is the one with a full life. This is the crazy person that agrees to help someone say paint their whole house starting at like 3 pm on Saturday and then, this clueless person will somehow automatiacly think they will be ''done'' hours before the Game starts at 6PM. They are wrong of course....they will be painting by flashlights until 1am.... Of course, they will call every hour or so and be like ''I'll be there, I just need to paint the whole house...so like ten more minutes. "

Even if you live in a town of like 400 people, there are still more people. It can be worth it to find them.