Learn to game around the players you have, not the players you want to have.

I've been gaming all my adolescent and adult life, about 30 years in all. In my experience, people have real lives, and other kinds of fun to enjoy! If you demand that they give up the chance to spontaneously have other fun, then they're going to either ignore that demand, or leave.
I ran games for a few years at my local club - every single week. It was stressful, and hard work, and players came and went. People showed up or didn't, and I had to deal with it. So I had to fit my games around the fact that players might be absent at any given session.

See, before I was married, if I got a date at short notice (for example - other kinds of fun are available), then of course my game commitments would be dropped! And I rested assured in the knowledge that my good friends would understand. Because I don't usually play games with people who aren't my friends - that's too much like competition or sports or something, not something I'd call play time. Sometimes, new gamers become new friends.

To those on this thread saying "kick them out", I say "Good bye! It wasn't nice gaming with you!" - again, because I want to play with friends, and friends are always happy if you can join in.