Quote Originally Posted by Zilrax View Post
My sister, well sister now, started transitioning in 2011, so I have some familiarity with this stuff. Nowhere near as much as you clearly, but I know that the spiro one is one she uses. She's getting the surgery in a couple months.
Epic. Spironolactone is the most commonly prescribed anti-androgen in the US. It works really well for lots of people.

Spoiler: Personal SRS Thoughts
Show
It'll probably be a long time before I'm looking at SRS as an option, due to a few factors. Cost is definitely one of those factors (it's expensive and from what I've been reading, who performs it often has a big influence on just how well everything turns out), but personal concerns are another. Having looked into SRS, I'm not sure I'd be 100% happy with it how it works right now (but there are people that have been very happy with it, with some youtube vloggers providing their experiences which made me feel a lot better about it overall since it was very successful for some of them). However, since I'm not in a relationship with anyone (and probably won't be unless something unexpected happens), it's not something I need to decide on right away (since the downstairs won't be of any concern to anyone but me ).

How's your sister's transition been? Is she excited about the SRS?