Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
I'd be quite leery of the notion that spell damage will make it good too, since that's never been true of Arcane Explosion. Granted, it has been of Maelstrom Portal, but that card has the upside of putting a body on the board, which is a lot better in most cases than a situational heal.
Maelstrom portal is good because Shaman gets spell damage automatically with enough hero power activation. And the card is variably powerful depending on your totem luck. The body is a nice bonus (I mean, they just made arcane explosion, but better) but shaman does particularly well with low damage spells because they have such easy access to spell damage.

Priest, I think, is somewhere in between. They're usually going more slowly than Mage since they have a lot more stall cards, so they can afford to hold out for spell damage and use their cards later if they don't need the early removal against something like a speedy pirate start, and they typically have more high health low attack minions who might benefit from a 1 damage aoe to turn bad trades into good ones. But they're not going to have quick and consistent spell damage access unless the new set come with some excellent cheap spell damage minions, so they can't reliably expect a 1 damage spell to do 2+ damage before turn 5.