1. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Archers vs outsiders split from unfairly powerful monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrowhale View Post
    The DMG is pretty clear that encounter level goes up when there is a significant home court advantage. I don't think we should move to a Fighter 21, so let's not do that.
    The DMG is way more clear that a monster casting spells is not "significant home court advantage" if we were fighting on the plane of fire, that would be one thing, but "you walk into a dungeon, since you are walking therefore automatically everything has to be lower CR" is not in the rules.

If you want a specified quantity of treasure value sitting somewhere that seems fine but when you pick specific treasure it is no longer 'stock'.
    If you play any monster without treasure (aside from the ones that specifically say they get none), that isn't stock. The stock rules have, in the entry, a statement about treasure. A Pit Fiend without "Treasure: Standard coins; double goods; standard items" is not stock.

You are mistaken. The correct interpretation of the rules is to consider them all in a manner so that they are all validly applicable.
    Yes, and the two ways to do that are:

1) You can't hide while attacking, because the sniping rules don't say you can, and the other rule is a general summary of penalties, not a specific rule statement.

or

2) You can hide while attacking, because that's apparently a rule in sentence 2, so you can just hide while making a full attack action and get off all your attacks.

Those are the two valid ways to interpret the rules so they are all validly applicable.

That's a pretty blunt admission of failure.
    I too like to edit people's arguments out of their quotes when I'm lying about the rules to try to get custom 3.0 splatbook items into it because my character can't compete in core.
    Last edited by Beheld; 2017-07-10 at 09:29 PM.