Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_in_the_Mist View Post
Oh, and don't forget that if you screw it up, you have a very real chance of causing the Rift-Gate to destabilize and turn into a black hole whilst you're standing at ground zero.
Not sure I'd go with this, because it would mean that a VERY dedicated team of saboteurs could basically salt the earth. I think the idea of ripping the world and gate apart would make for a very interesting scenario of looting the remnants of a Rift Gate explosion.

Remember, if you fluff it, the PCs WILL weaponize it.

As I said in my earlier post, teleporting isn't entirely perfect - blind jumps can be fatal, easily. It's a great defensive tool for their WorldShips, but for offensive purposes? Not so much. They're stuck mapping the galaxy out by way of phlogiston sailing, and using teleportation to retrace their steps.

Plus, the biggest reason is that they don't want to. Why would they want to fight wars with anyone? Dead people won't give them money for stuff they make. They don't want to take territory from anybody. War is literally no purpose in their society.
Okay, makes sense. Why are they so peaceful? Do they have good access to resources? Maybe I'm just a touch cynical.

That said, their teleporting abilities do give them a distinct combat edge, which is why no other power has managed to conquer them, despite how enticing having exclusive access to their stuff would be.
That's...Something that definitely needs to be a thing. Yeah, I could see it being a way to explain why people haven't ganged up on them yet to steal their stuff.

My internet speed refreshes in about 18 hours, so I do intend to start up a google-doc for this project as a whole... although I would appreciate if you clarify exactly what you think it should be used for, because I have a sneaking suspicion we have different intentions/plans/ideas in mind.
Either a write up of the setting as is, or just a 'codex' of sorts for the races thus discussed.

I'm not entirely sure we should move on to Traggen just yet. Like I keep saying, maybe it'd be helpful to the project if we actually spent some time putting together and filling out the details for the races we've talked about to this point before charging off to new ones?
Fair point. Which race do we need to go back to? I think the Aelfar/Kixian/Vanadirans were off to a good start. The Aurian empire? I think we got a bit side tracked with them.

That said... I'm not really digging that suggestion, sorry.
Hey, they can't all be winners!