1. - Top - End - #397
    Banned

Default Re: Completely unimportant language misuses that bug you

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    I daresay that in 20 years time it will be an accepted mainstream meaning, and if it becomes so then I shall have to accept it as such because my mind has no more power or relevance to the world than anybody else's, but it is not a correct mainstream usage now, so until that time I will continue to be bothered by it.
    It is a largely accepted meaning, despite your stubborn refusal to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    It has to be something that in some way follows from the old meaning (coin in this sense is cognate to coin (verb)- to make a coin (noun) by ananogy of things being made in both cases). I've been repeatedly and firmly told that this definition has nothing to do with either reproductive biology or societal roles, which if taken as true rules out any connection to the classical meanings.
    Except that it doesn't. We've explained this.

Did you just decide to post crap in this thread because the thread for talking smack about trans people is closed? Or do you actually expect that people will believe you despite the fact that they have shown the wisdom not to?
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2017-07-16 at 02:46 PM.