Quote Originally Posted by scalyfreak View Post
The GM is always right. Because the GM is doing the rest of the group a favor by running the game for us.

This is why the GM role attracts power-tripping control freaks who get their fun from having power over others. A good GM works with the players, not against them, and does his or her best to make sure that everyone in the group has fun, GM included. If that changes, a good GM will work with the players who are not having fun, to try and change things so that they do.

Arguing with the GM about the rules, while the game is supposed to be moving on, is Bad Manners for players, and it ruins the fun for everyone else. During the game, let the GM make the ruling and live with the results. If you still disagree, have a civilized discussion with the GM about why you disagree, after the session is over.
All I can say is that I wish I lived where you do.

Around here everyone wants to GM and the real trouble is finding players, and when a DM's chair does open up their is a vicious struggle for control as everyone vies for the coveted position of GM.